Monday, April 7, 2014

Successssssssssss

I define success as something you work for. The more hard work you put in to something, the more successful you will end up being. Putting in the hard work in sports is one thing. Say you want to play a college sport as in football, baseball, basketball, etc. You are going to need a good amount of athletic ability to reach that level. You are going to have to be successful in the weight room, and on the field/court. 


Some areas in my life that I have been successful is on the baseball field and in school. I have maintained a good grade point average all throughout high school, and I will be playing college baseball next year at Adrian.

I have achieved this success by putting in time on the baseball field every day up until baseball season is over. I will get up in the morning and come up to the high school and taking batting practice and get a lot of reps in before a game. I also play on a couple of teams over the course of the summer, which helps with my overall game. In school I put in the work studying.....sometimes. And of course doing my homework 24/7.................... 

The picture below is of a college football player being drafted in the NFL draft. He worked for this moment and now he will become a successful NFL football player.


http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/04/the-best-dressed-picks-of-the-nfl-draft/

Failure to me is when you don't reach a goal you want to achieve or you aren't successful at what you are doing.

Some of the areas in my life that I have failed at is not having above a 3.5 GPA in high school. A 3.4 is not that far away, but I know for a fact that if I put more time in to homework and studying I would achieve a better grade point than a 3.4. But who does homework....

Laziness has led to not having a GPA that is above 3.4. I get so caught up with video games and TV and naps and relaxing that I don't ever feel like doing homework. I am to blame for that but the laziness will go away as soon as college hits. I am expecting a rude awakening when it comes.

http://fatdaddy2fitdaddy.com/2013/05/09/have-you-ever-failed/


Success and failure both motivate me to do better. When I am successful, I want to keep being successful. It's a good feeling knowing that you are successful and you want to keep on doing it. When you are failing, you obviously want to stop failing. You work hard to get past the failure to become successful.

Genius hour has been a breeze. It is pretty simple looking for interesting or popular dances to study/learn/go over, etc. There hasn't really been any areas that me and Rourke have failed at during this genius hour with finding the dances and posting about the dances. One thing I would change maybe about this genius hour is making the blogs a little bit longer. Other than that i wouldn't change anything about it. If we have all of our requirements and the right amount of blogs at the end of the project, I will know that me and rourke have achieved our goal with this genius hour.








No comments:

Post a Comment